Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Father-Son Revival" - a historic moment!


When I was first asked if I ever spoke at a revival meeting with my dad, I thought, "That would be awesome, but I would be too intimidated..." After all, my dad has been in ministry for more than 50 years. God used my dad to plant a church in 1962 in Seoul, and He has been faithful throughout my dad's pastoral ministry at the same church for 42 years until his retirement in 2004. God is still using him all over the world as missions pastor. He told me some amazing stories of God's powerful manifestations during his ministries. I want that! I desire to see God's powerful presence in my ministries. But I also know that my dad spent countless hours on his knees in prayer - ex) 14 days of straight prayer in the mountain - alone! God's servants from his generation knew what it means to cry out to God.

Well, God has provided me with an opportunity to minister with my dad. We will be speaking at a retreat/revival at Covenant Fellowship Church, Champaign, IL (Pastor Min Chung) www.cfchome.org
This is a historic moment for us. My dad was one of God's servants whom God used to bring a revival and spiritual awakening in Korea and Washington D.C. in the 70's and 80's. Just like Elijah passed on his baton to Elisha, I want to take the baton from my dad and run the race.
Just as Elisha said to Elijah, "Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit," I want to inherit a double portion of every spiritual anointing that God has given my dad.

No comments: