Saturday, August 7, 2010

San Jose FKCC Retreat 8/1-8/4



FKCC of San Jose retreat was special because I got to meet the sons and daughters of my old friends that I grew up with (in San Jose). I was blessed to witness 11 youth make decision to receive Christ as their Savior. Two of them were my friends' children.
I'm sure a lot of people were praying for them, but I was reminded of the times I prayed for my friends 20 years ago. I felt like the Lord was saying that the prayers I offered up 20 years ago were not a waste. It was amazing to witness God working through the next generation. One of the youth members who got saved at the retreat told his dad who came to pick him up, "Dad, from now on, we need to attend church every week." I was deeply moved by the way God was using the youth member to touch his dad's heart.

No comments: